Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Love & War

I'm clearly getting soft. As Winter closes in around us, I can't help thinking about curling up on a sofa in front of a fire with someone amazing and spending those long winter nights all cosy and snug. It makes me write appalling, nauseating junk like this...

The room's labyrinth ballroom spins round us,

I bury my face in your coiffured crown,

sweet smells warm and delicious abound,

the corners of my vision darken down,

like old photographs and things seem less important,

more distant,

apart and I miss you,

though you're not really mine to go missing,

looking ahead, part vision, part wishing,

you're across from me sipping,

wine as you look back into my eyes under kohl covered lashes,

flash forward to more but we're older,

something's different here,

but not colder,

settled, content and love's bolder,

we can say that we're in as we shoulder

the life that we share as all's fair,

in love’s war story, told, as it smoulders...

No comments:

Post a Comment